AC/DC - Rock or Bust

drax
Awesome factor: Darrener

AC/DC - Rock or Bust

Post by drax »

Amazon blurb wrote:Rock Or Bust is the band’s first studio album in six years and features 11 new tracks. Rock Or Bust follows the immensely successful Black Ice album, which debuted at #1 in 31 countries upon its release in 2008 and has gone on to sell nearly 8 million copies worldwide. Recorded in Spring 2014 at Warehouse Studio in Vancouver it finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan O’Brien and mixer Mike Fraser.

Rock Or Bust is the first AC/DC album in the band’s 41 year history without founding member Malcolm Young on the recordings. Earlier this year AC/DC released a statement explaining that due to illness, Malcolm would be taking a break from the band, and unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolm’s condition, he will not be returning to the band. Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, plays rhythm guitar on Rock Or Bust.
At just under 35 minutes, this is the band's shortest album ever. The shortest track is "Rock The House" clocking in at just 2:42. The longest track is "Emission Control" at 3:41. This makes it AC/DC's most radio friendly ever. The album was rushed and sounds it. "Rock or Bust" - I guess "Bust" - did I win?

Well, even though It falls well short of prior releases most of the tracks are typical AC/DC and fans will love it. Listening to "Rock the House" without knowing it was them I would swear it was Led Zeppelin, even Brian Johnson (vocals) sounds like Robert Plant at his best.

I'm on the 4th or 5th run through and will be adding it to the MP3 player for walks down the sendero but as it's a 50 minute walk I'll need to append some off their other "greatest hits". It is good walking (at marching pace) rock music.
:Hattip
The Guardian review
Amazon wrote: This title will be released on December 1, 2014.

John

Re: AC/DC - Rock or Bust

Post by John »

I saw AC/DC at an open air concert in Leicester quite a few years back. I didn't have to pay for a ticket as I was "officiating". The sound was brilliant for an open air event.

drax
Awesome factor: Darrener

Post by drax »

I'm jealous, what was your opinion? I think that they have the charisma of a good rock (hard rock some say) band. Their riffs are basic, a la Status Quo, but memorable.
Bad spellers of the world, untie!

John

Post by John »

It's a long time back, but in those days I liked Black Sabbath, Status Quo and AC/DC were another weird lot.
I seem to remember them doing "Highway to hell" and it was superb. It didn't provoke me into buying any of their records though.