Albums Revisited

drax
Long service award
Awesome factor: Darrener

Albums Revisited

Post by drax »

I've taken the newer CD's out of the car and replaced them with some I haven't listened to for quite a while.. which sort of got me thinking..

The one that I put on first is Bridge Over Troubled Water - S & G obviously, and I've had a good drive home listening to old tunes from a great album that I first bought (plastic with a hole in the centre) about 3 or 4 weeks after it was first released.

What albums would you "revisit" or like to after the passage of time?
Bad spellers of the world, untie!

John
Long service award

Re: Albums Revisited

Post by John »

If I think of an album I'd like to play which hasn't been for a long tome it would be "Family" - "Anyway" - I just love Roger Chapman's vocals on "Good News - Bad News"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7c3uRoyqw[/youtube]

drax
Long service award

Post by drax »

oh my! this thread is working for me already John - Family - I'd totally forgotten them but recollect liking The Weavers Answer when reminded. I'm sure I bought the single.. will look for more by them. Cheers :Hattip
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJFnqfOaaI[/youtube]

drax
Long service award

Re: Albums Revisited - Meat Loaf

Post by drax »

I've been listening to the original issue (there have been remasters) of Bat Out of Hell whilst doing a bit of coding today and tapping my feet along to it. I've lots of his songs on various compilation albums but listening from the start to finish of his first acclaimed album is an experience I'd forgotten about.
wikipedia wrote:It has clocked up 474 weeks on the UK album chart, a figure bettered only by Rumours by Fleetwood Mac - 478 weeks.

owdoggy
Long service award
Awesome factor: Washed up, sad old rocker.

Post by owdoggy »

John wrote:If I think of an album I'd like to play which hasn't been for a long tome it would be "Family" - "Anyway" - I just love Roger Chapman's vocals on "Good News - Bad News"
Family were the first band I ever went to see live & they opened with "Good news, bad news". As a spotty 'erbert, still at school I just wasn't prepared for it and approx. 15 nanoseconds after the opening accent I was cowering under the seat with my fingers in my ears. I eventually was able to handle it & that gig put me on my way to becoming the washed up, sad old rocker I am now :lol:

Roger Chapman......brilliant!

DoggyImage