Why have electricity prices increased

Start any topic you like here which doesn't fit in any other section.
JessicaH

Re: Why have electricity prices increased

Post by JessicaH »

Minerva, our property is actually the smallest in floor space in our area but because we have integral aircon/ heating required higher potencia because of size of our 2 units. Consequently we pay more initial charge than most pay for there total electricity.
IF current usage continues am hoping our monthly fee will fall to €180...all digits crossed.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

I hope so too, but it still seems a huge amount of money? In out last house we had 5 aircon units, for heat in the winter and cool in the summer, and I don't recall ever having an electricity bill of more than €80 in any month.
Never forget the pie you were baked in!
JessicaH

Post by JessicaH »

It is because we have 2 industrial units thst warm or cool the house ( via grills ) in one go instead of individual ones for each room.
It was our choice never realising these units required high potencia.which then incurred a higher charge on everything.
15 years on and have got used to cutting our cloth according to its width......I think :Wink1
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Ah, i see! I hope that the reduction in the IVA from 21% to 10% helps to also make a difference. Our bill for June won't be a true reflection of our new rates as we were away for half the month. We don't have any aircon in this house as it tends to stay cool in the summer, thick walls help! Sometimes we have a fan on in the bedroom if it gets too warm, though there's usually a decent breeze outside, so open windows at night help.
JessicaH

Post by JessicaH »

Seen your house. Totally opposite to ours but I love it. Yours has so much charm and character particularly in the way you are smpathetically restoring it.
This is something that newer builds lack. We have double thick walls but modern brickwork is incomparable thickness of finca walls.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Aw thanks JessicaH, we love it too! Just need to get it finished now, and get a garden company in on a regular basis to keep everything under control!
cantabrian

Post by cantabrian »

You must have some money Jessica if you can pay those kind of bills !! We live up in the mountains 1200m and a bit, and our Highest bill has been 40 euros ,we don't have a/c , no need for it , ceiling fans in the b/rooms and lounge IF needed, insulated Roofs etc, 3.3kw ! :Hattip
JessicaH

Post by JessicaH »

Some money, OH, how I wish, Cantabrian, but lottery numbers refuse to appear,
Lowly pensions just different priorities so baring an humongous incident we live well within our income
16 year old car does just fine and having had a few wonderful holidays seeing the world have no desire to trave far now as home is where we .our heart is
Having said that any reduction in VAT on leccy bill won't be sniffed at. :Wink1 :Hattip :Hattip
JessicaH

Post by JessicaH »

Have just received my June electricity bill .....and am in total shock :(
Having read on other forums that
A) those already on tariffs wouldn't change
B) Heard zilch from Iberdrola
Decided against getting up in the wee small hours to start the washing machine and having known several people whose house fires started from dishwasher thought I would simply continue as previously.

Contrary to postings of those who, on other forums, know everything :roll: Iberdrola HAVE instigated a 3 phase system. And my bill which is totally incomprehensible to me reads thus.
Active energy
PEAK 34 kw, P1 84 kw P2 74 kW P3 116 kW
OFF PEAK 29kw TOTAL = 337 kW
Our average monthly usage is about 400 !!

Also changed is our Capacity charge which was 0.136986 kw € per day + Energy of 0..14844 kw € p d = Mas Caro

Now our Capacity charge is 0.098579 € kw per. And OFF PEAK 0.004578 kw € pd Mas barato This = a saving or .04 € kW + NO energy charge.
Consequently our latest facture is € 103. 78. €30 Less than my cheapest bill and € 135 less than my monthly standing charge.
Now in our last month of this set fee and wondering they will credit our, to date, €550 overpayment.
Am not bothered because know it will be sorted just curious as it how. A lump sum or vastly reduced monthly payments for 6 months.
I am guessing the latter.
So folks. Worry not you may be, like us, in for a very nice surprise OR because this system is new has someone made a monumental cockup with our facture.
JessicaH

Post by JessicaH »

Total cost of used electricity = € 34.30
Taxes and charges = € 62.20
Ain't that a con :fpalm